Bleach body hair is a practical idea for those who want to get away from waxing. In addition, this option is cheap, fast and can be done at home.
Below, find out how to bleach your hair and follow the explanations of dermatologist Angélica Seidel, from Hospital Baía Sul, which is part of Hospital Care.
How to bleach body hair
Ready to bleach your hair at home? Check out the selection of videos below and stay on top of everything you need to do the procedure correctly.
How to bleach arm hair without itching
Step by step:
- Use a body scrub on your arms;
- In a pot, mix 2 tablespoons of bleaching powder and 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide;
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk to the mixture;
- Use gloves or spatula to spread the mixture on your arms;
- Let it act for 20 minutes;
- Wash your arms with soap and water;
- Finish with a moisturizer of your choice.
How to bleach hair with ammonia and hydrogen peroxide
Step by step:
- Pass a body oil in the regions that will be discolored;
- In a pot, mix half the ammonia and 1 small 30-volume hydrogen peroxide;
- Let the mixture rest until it thickens;
- Apply the mixture to the chosen regions;
- Let it act for 10 to 15 minutes;
- Rinse well with cold water and wash the area with soap;
- Apply a moisturizer so you don’t dry out your skin.
professional moon bath
Step by step:
- In a pot, place 2 spatulas of bleaching powder;
- Add 1 tablespoon of moisturizing cream;
- Place 2 spatulas of hydrogen peroxide;
- Hydrate the area to be discolored well;
- Spread the mixture of hydrogen peroxide and bleaching powder;
- Let it act for 15 to 20 minutes;
- Remove the mixture with cold water or a wet towel;
- Exfoliate the skin and remove with water;
- Finish by moisturizing the skin.
How to speed up the moon bath with a hairdryer
Step by step:
- In a pot, mix 2 tablespoons of bleaching powder and 6 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide 40 volumes;
- Apply liquid paraffin or a body oil to all regions to be discolored;
- With a brush, spread the mixture in the chosen region;
- 15 cm from your skin, use the dryer on the lowest heat setting to speed up the process, but at least 15 cm away from your skin;
- After 1 to 2 minutes you can already remove the cream with warm water;
- Make a skin scrub;
- Finish with a moisturizer.
Before following the tutorials, take a test to avoid allergies. To do this, simply apply a small amount to your wrist and wait a few minutes. If the region becomes reddish, avoid discoloration.
Hair bleaching tips
For a safe and correct application, dermatologist Angélica Seidel clarified the main doubts on the subject. Consider the information when carrying out the procedure:
Women’s Tips – Are there any risks or contraindications for discoloring hair?
Angelica Seidel – Yes. The main one is allergy to the product or procedure, with the appearance of itching and redness. There may also be dryness of the skin and hair at the site of application and spots, if care is not taken with exposure to the sun. In addition, atopic patients with asthma, rhinitis and atopic dermatitis may be more susceptible to irritation from the product. As for contraindications, it is important to avoid using the product in children and pregnant women.
How to bleach body hair and not burn?
The ideal is to hydrate the skin with creams or oils before application. Do this a few days before the procedure. Also, test the product before applying, noting possible itching or redness. It is also important to avoid application in more sensitive areas of the skin, such as the face, intimate area and places with bruises. Opt for lighter products, such as chamomile base and with lower concentrations of hydrogen peroxide.
Do you have to stay in the sun to bleach your hair?
No, it is not necessary to stay in the sun. It is even important to avoid solar radiation during application, because the sun increases the risk of allergy to the product and can cause blemishes on the skin.
What happens to hair after discoloration?
The process is similar to hair bleaching. The product acts by removing the pigment from the hair shaft. As a result, there may be dryness and loss of hair shine, especially if the skin and the area are not prepared for the procedure, such as hydration.
What care should I take with the skin after hair discoloration?
From the days before the application, keep the skin well hydrated, with creams and oils. In addition to this care, it is important to avoid exposure to solar radiation on the day of application and on subsequent days. Use sunscreen with SPF 30 and UVA protection if you need to expose yourself. In the bath, use liquid soap and avoid hot baths and sponges. If you develop an allergy or spots on your skin with these precautions, consult your dermatologist.
Does whitening interfere with the amount of hair?
Does not interfere. Due to the fact that the fur becomes lighter, there is an impression of lesser density of the threads.
When is the best time to bleach hair?
There is no better time, but the main point is not to expose yourself to the sun. It can be done in the summer, as long as you are careful with solar radiation.
So, did you already know how to discolor hair? In addition to these tips, always remember to moisturize your skin after the procedure and be sure to read the text on homemade waxing .
Did you like this amazing tip? If yes, share it with your friends and on your social networks. Leave your comment below and your suggestions.