Including a homemade face scrub in your skincare routine is very important, as this product removes dead cells, helping with cell renewal.
There are several types, but the most famous is the physical exfoliation, which can be used for this a simple homemade exfoliant for the face. However, is this safe?
Dermatologist Giovanna Mori Almeida, from Albert Sabin Hospital in SP, spoke about the subject and clarified the main doubts.
Does Homemade Face Scrub Work?
According to the dermatologist, “it is essential to exfoliate the skin, but care must be taken when choosing homemade products”.
This means that they can bring benefits, however, “the result can also be a disaster, because there are some precautions and criteria that need to be followed when applying”.
“Also, rubbing the scrub too hard only makes the skin sore and sensitive. Thus, when applying the scrub, you should not strain. “Try to reproduce circular, smooth movements with your fingertips”, emphasized the dermatologist.
She also mentioned that the homemade scrub should only be prepared at the time of use and should not be stored to use other times.
Homemade scrub whitens the face?
There is no proof about this. The specialist even explains that “people with spots on the skin should be evaluated by a dermatologist to avoid worsening the condition, as many active ingredients can have the opposite effect”.
She also commented that other products can cause the feeling of lightening, so the scrub is not the most assertive product for stains.
Homemade scrub removes blackheads?
The rule does not change for carnations. However, the dermatologist specified that “the homemade scrub for the face does not remove the blackheads, but it can reduce the appearance”.
This happens because “washing your face daily decreases oiliness, while exfoliation helps to increase the penetration of products”.
Homemade face scrub is bad for you?
You can already tell that the homemade exfoliant is released, as long as you use the correct ingredients.
So, never add lemon, pineapple, orange and mango in your homemade recipes. According to her, “these products make the region sensitized and often contribute to the development of spots”.
In addition to the application, it is necessary to pay attention to other details, such as “sanitize your face when you wake up and before going to sleep, using a soap appropriate for your skin type”, he says.
Exfoliation also requires care, as the procedure is only indicated “once a week, just to help with deep cleaning of the skin”.
Homemade face scrub products
Before preparing your recipe, don’t forget the dermatologist’s warning, when she says that “these ingredients do not contain preservatives.
Thus, discard the mixture if there is any amount left over”. That said, check out the list of ingredients released by the dermatologist:
- Coffee: “coffee is rich in antioxidants, responsible for fighting free radicals that cause cellular aging”, clarified the expert. You can apply warm or cold coffee grounds to your face, make delicate circular movements for 1 minute and rinse.
- Sugar: the dermatologist explained that “larger crystals are effective for oily skin, so sugar is a good ally”. You can still prepare a mix with honey, jojoba oil and coconut oil. Then just pass it on your face for 1 minute and rinse.
- Honey: “acts in the removal of deep impurities”, he says. Also, honey is a great base for adding sugar or coffee. There’s not much of a secret, just mix it up, apply it gently over your face and remove it with cold or lukewarm water.
- Bicarbonate: Bicarbonate acts very similarly to sugar, the difference is that you need to add water to get a paste. It is indicated for sensitive oily skin , as its granules are smaller.
- Papaya: “great for hydration, as it promotes a deep and delicate cleaning”, commented the dermatologist. For this recipe, mash the papaya and apply the paste to your face, leaving it to act for 5 minutes.
- Oats: “Oats stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, providing more hydrated, firm and smooth skin”, he mentioned. Indicated for dry skin, it is possible to mix oatmeal with natural yogurt. Let it act for a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Chamomile: known for its calming properties, chamomile hydrates, eliminates dead cells and tones the skin. It is possible to mix chamomile tea with clay, enhancing the recipe. For this, let the mixture act on your face for up to 20 minutes.
Did you like the recommendations? You probably already have some products at home, don’t you? To learn how to make your own scrub, go to the next topic.
How to make homemade face scrub
One of the main advantages of the homemade scrub is to use the products you already have at home. So, separate the ingredients and check out the recipes below:
Homemade face scrub with honey and sugar
In addition to the tutorial, you will also find out about the function of the two ingredients used and find out which skin type is recommended for using the mask.
For oily skin, the video recommends exfoliating a maximum of 2 times a week. Write down the recipe:
- In a pot, put 1 tablespoon of honey;
- Then add 1 tablespoon of sugar;
- Mix the two ingredients;
- With your hands, apply the mixture to your face in circular motions;
- Let it act for 15 to 20 minutes;
- Remove with cold water.
Homemade face scrub with coffee
In addition to exfoliating, the coffee and milk mixture also hydrates and renews the skin.
As coffee has larger granules, it is important to apply the mixture with a light hand. Check out the result in the video and then check out the recipe:
- In a refractory, place 3 tablespoons of coffee;
- Add 2 tablespoons milk;
- Mix until you get a paste;
- With clean skin, apply the mixture all over the face;
- Let it act for 10 to 15 minutes;
- Wash your face with cold water.
Homemade face scrub with papaya
In addition to papaya, the recipe uses oatmeal and natural homemade yogurt. It doesn’t have much of a secret, but the recipe promises to exfoliate, hydrate and smooth the skin.
The video also recommends washing your face before applying the scrub and gently applying the mixture. Follow:
- In a bowl, place 1 tablespoon of mashed papaya;
- Add 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and 1 tablespoon of natural yogurt;
- Mix everything and apply on a clean face;
- Let it act for 10 to 20 minutes;
- Wash with cold water.
So, did you feel like trying some homemade exfoliating for your face? Now you know which products are indicated to apply to the skin. For an effective result, don’t forget to put together a skin care routine.
Did you like this amazing tip? If yes, share it with your friends and on your social networks. Leave your comment below and your suggestions.