You must have seen many mandala out there, being used as decoration objects, for example. But did you know that they have much more meaning and functions?
The mandala generally refers to the search for inner peace, having a direct relationship with spirituality.
See more details below, as well as photos, tutorials and tattoos with the symbol:
Meaning of mandala
The word mandala means circle. Not only as a geometric shape, but also what is called a magic circle.
It is a symbol of integration and harmony around the world, as the circular shape represents a concentration of energy.
Its meaning and function may vary according to region, but in a broader sense, it is a diagram that can represent a divine attribute, used in rituals. They can also be used in meditation processes, causing the person to enter another level of concentration.
Mandalas, even when used only as a decorative object, do not lose their function and meaning. Its colors and patterns awaken different sensations in those who see them.
The colors in the mandala work like in color psychology, in which each color is believed to provoke a different sensation in someone.
The predominance of a color in a mandala will guide the sensations of those who are seeing or feeling it.
They can even be used in psychotherapy. Find out what each color means in a mandala:
- Blue: evokes balance, optimism and reliability. It is also the color of patience and serenity. In mandalas, it can work to reduce insomnia and stress.
- Green: it is also a color that provokes balance and calms. Green is able to energize the body.
- Red: is a stimulating color capable of removing depressive and discouraging feelings. In a mandala, it can contribute to sleeplessness.
- Yellow: acts directly on mental processes, contributes to creative processes and incites intelligence.
- Orange: is a color capable of promoting regeneration. It’s great to use after a destruction process, as it’s the color of courage.
- Violet: is indicated for those who are lost or are spiritually unbelieving. In mandalas, violet and lilac are able to clean and isolate the environment in which they are inserted.
- Pink: is the color of union and love. It helps to promote harmony between personal or professional relationships.
It’s amazing how one color has so much power. They can be combined in the mandala, bringing a completely different feeling.
25 Photos and tutorials of mandalas in decoration
Mandalas draw a lot of attention for their beauty, for their formats and colors that hypnotize. They look beautiful when turned into decoration items. Check out ideas:
1. Look what a beautiful mandala!
2. They look amazing on ceramics
3. And on this little table too
4. Video: Mandala made with old CD (step by step)
5. What about this flower mandala?
6. Simply sensational!
7. They look beautiful on rustic objects
8. Video: Mandala made with woolen thread (step by step)
9. Look how beautiful this spiral mandala is!
10. This is a cool way to decorate and recycle
11. Drinking coffee in this mug is even more enjoyable
12. Video: Mandala in MDF (step by step)
13. This piece looks amazing in this decor
14. What about these pillows then? A charm!
15. You can decorate your stuff with mandalas yourself
16. Video: Mandala made of newspaper (step by step)
17. This painting would look great with a combination of other comics
18. The crochet mandala is very cute
19. Look at the lids on these jars, how beautiful!
20. Video: Mandala on a broken plate (step by step)
21. This mandala in MDF turned out to be very beautiful and cheerful
22. How about renovating an old piece of furniture using mandalas?
23. Another awesome mandala mug
24. Video: Mandala in PVC (step by step)
25. Look how cute these mandalas are painted on this little piece!
Mandalas look really beautiful on any object, in addition to emanating balance and harmony in the environment in which they are. With so many inspirations and arguments in favor of it, you won’t stop making yours, will you?
Mandalas to color
Colors play a huge role in mandalas, helping to harmonize the feeling. How about experiencing these feelings by painting mandalas?
The painting process should be natural, so that you use the colors your unconscious tells you. Have a good time!
10 Mandala tattoos to enchant you
How about marking a mandala on your body, so you can always walk with great balance and harmony? See beautiful tattoo ideas to inspire you:
1. The lines made this mandala very modern
2. A mandala to fill the eyes and senses
3. Look how beautiful this one is with the sun and the moon
4. The cross mandala reinforces the emotional side of the mind
5. Why not include colors?
6. A flower-shaped mandala, what’s not to love?
7. This flower was even more beautiful with these mandalas
8. How about several mandalas in one tattoo?
9. The details complement the beauty of the mandala
10. What about this leaked mandala?
With so many beautiful tattoos, it makes you want to do it, doesn’t it? In addition to good energies, the mandala displays a lot of beauty and charm.
It looks beautiful anywhere, even on the skin. And it still helps you achieve harmony in your life. Want something better?
Did you like this amazing tip? If yes, share it with your friends and on your social networks. Leave your comment below and your suggestions.