Silver Wedding is the name given to the celebration of 25 years of marriage. Larissa Santos, from Seraphine Eventos, comments that the term “boda” comes from the Latin word “vota”, which means “promise”. “It is used to refer to the marriage vows exchanged on the occasion of the wedding date,” she says.
Wedding anniversary can be celebrated in countless ways, but many couples choose to hold an event.
And, within this proposal, the possibilities are countless: there are those who opt for a more intimate celebration, as well as there are couples who organize an event “with everything they are entitled to” (like a big wedding).
Check out the tips from professionals and get inspired with good ideas for unforgettable Silver Weddings.
Silver wedding: meaning
The ceremonialist Ju Monteiro, from AAMY Produtora, comments that, by all indications, the celebration of the wedding originated in Germany. “It was customary to present couples with a silver wreath for 25 years of marriage and a gold one for 50 years. These metals were chosen because they were durable, precious, valued – characteristics expected in a solid marriage,” she says.
The ceremonialist Malise Kroth points out that each wedding has a special meaning in the couple’s life, in the renewal of their promises. “Silver is a noble, malleable metal and the more polished it is, the brighter it becomes. In marriage, silver symbolizes external demonstrations and the way of being naturally accepted, where one has already shaped their lives to the other, but without losing their individuality… It is love that has matured and is reciprocated with tenderness, respect and companionship”, she comments.
How to organize Silver Wedding
In most cases, the organization of the Silver Wedding turns out to be similar to the organization of a wedding. This is because, regardless of whether the couple decides to have a big party or prefers a more intimate celebration, it is necessary to think about all the details, such as location, guest list, menu and much more.
Check out the main points that deserve attention when organizing the Silver Wedding Anniversary:
- Guest list : this is certainly one of the first points to be decided, as it will directly influence the organization of the event. Ju Monteiro comments that, after 25 years, it is normal for there to be a renewal in the cycle of friendship, so the guest list should consider the closest and most relevant people who are part of the couple’s history.
- Location: Malise points out that, when choosing the location, the number of guests, location, budget and style of celebration should be considered. “It is also necessary to think about the renewal ceremony, which may or may not take place at the venue, or at the church, depending on the couple’s religion”, she says.
- Menu: Malise explains that it is necessary to consider the time of the event, the number of guests and what is expected from the party to define the menu. “You can choose, for example, for something more traditional, classic, sophisticated or something more lively, relaxed, or even something much simpler. A dinner always goes very well. Even in a simple form, it is always elegant, ”he comments.
- Attractions: must be chosen according to the proposal of the event. They can be restricted to live music or a dance floor with a DJ, for example. Or, if you wish, the couple can choose other types of attractions, such as, for example, a photo booth, a big screen with a retrospective, a presentation by a samba school, etc. The options are endless!
These are certainly the first points to be defined so that the couple can organize all the structure and details of the event.
Silver Wedding: decoration
Ju Monteiro points out that each wedding indirectly already suggests a theme and the decoration can be inspired by the corresponding element. In the case of Silver Weddings, many couples end up opting for decoration details in silver and/or shades of gray.
But, the truth is that there are no rules… The important thing is that the couple choose a decoration that pleases and matches the style of the celebration! Get inspired by some ideas:
1. The decoration with white, silver and red is cheerful without losing its elegance
2. White, shades of gray and silver are sure bets for celebrating 25 years of marriage
3. The white and green decoration is pure sophistication
4. Colorful flowers and silver elements are a great choice for striking decoration.
5. The decoration can be completely personalized with photos and initials of the couple
6. The Silver Wedding can count on an outdoor renewal of vows
7. The decor can have a corner for the newlyweds
8. The Silver Wedding held at home can also have a classic and elegant decoration
9. The Silver Wedding celebration can be sophisticated in every detail
10. As there are no rules, shades of gold and yellow can also compose the decoration
11. Candles can add more charm to the evening event
12. The combination of black, silver and white is perfect for contemporary decor.
13. The decoration of the Silver Wedding in a farm allows for a thousand and one possibilities
14. Plants and wooden furniture provide a rustic decor
15. The decor can mix classic and modern elements, the important thing is that the couple likes it
16. The sweets, as always, should complement the decoration of the Silver Wedding Anniversary
17. Even if the celebration is very intimate, it is worth paying attention to the decoration
18. How about betting on a vintage decoration?
19. Having the Silver Wedding at a restaurant is an elegant and intimate option
20. The chosen space can have a decorated corner for the renewal of vows
21. An imposing cake can be the highlight of the decoration
22. Shades of pink provide a romantic and sophisticated decoration
23. The celebration at home can also count on rich decoration
24. Outdoor Silver Wedding decor doesn’t have to be fancy to be beautiful
25. Silver Weddings with Provençal decor have also won over couples
26. Beach vow renewal doesn’t require a lot of decorative items to be beautiful
27. Rose, hydrangea and gerbera go great with a rustic chic space
28. The Silver Wedding decoration can tell a little bit about the couple’s story
29. A color palette reminiscent of love, ranging from rosé to marsala
Just like in a wedding, the options are endless and must be in accordance with the style of the event and the couple’s personality.
Silver Wedding: what to wear?
When defining the look, it is worth taking into account especially: time and style of the event. “This will determine if the outfit will be more informal and relaxed or something more classic and formal”, highlights Malise.
Many women choose to wear silver pieces or accessories. There are still those who take advantage of the celebration to wear a wedding dress, either because they didn’t do it on the occasion of the wedding, or because they appreciate this type of look.
But, it is worth mentioning that there are no rules. The important thing is that the woman feels good about the choice. Get inspired by some looks:
1. A woman can choose to dress as a bride if, for some reason, she still has this desire
2. The couple can opt for a stripped white look
3. Accessories or details in silver on clothes are a bet for success
4. Black is always chic and can be the choice for an evening celebration
5. The dress is the most famous choice among women for the Silver Wedding celebration…
6. The dress can be plain and with a totally elegant fit
7. The most important thing is that the couple is happy with the celebration!
8. The chosen dress can be midi…
9. The important thing is to match the style of the hostess
10. The couple can choose formal and classic attire
11. Silver shoes can make all the difference in your look
12. Silver can be an option for women who want a chic look that is different from white
13. Her dress can match the color of his tie
14. The dress can be shiny and/or embroidered if the event is more chic…
15. Can be long and lace, ideal for celebrations during the day
16. Light colors are a good option for more discreet couples…
17. But nothing prevents the wife from choosing a striking color for the occasion
18. The dress for the Silver Wedding can mix lace and a plain skirt…
19. Have a small opening and stone accents
20. A lace dress can be the option for an informal outdoor celebration
21. Nude is a classic and chic option
22. A set can be an option for women and more modern celebrations
Ju Monteiro reinforces: there is no rule or tradition. The important thing is that the costume is in line with the style of the party, which in turn must be in line with the couple’s personality.
The celebration of the Silver Wedding Anniversary should be unique for the couple, regardless of the style of the party. Learn more about the meaning of the wedding .
Did you like this amazing tip? If yes, share it with your friends and on your social networks. Leave your comment below and your suggestions.