If you believe that salt is only used to season and preserve food, we are going to prove that this seasoning is extremely versatile in different situations at home.
Most uses are unknown to many people! For example, in antiquity salt was a very important currency!
If you want to find out about the different uses of salt, check out our curious list below!
1. Clean frying from the stove
Did you know that mixing salt with cinnamon will make those sneezes of food on the stove much easier to clean up?
- Apply the mixture on top of the dirt as soon as it is done, with the stove still hot;
- After it cools, pass a flannel over it and all the dirt from the frying will be removed.
2. Making sure an egg is fresh
Not sure an egg is good?
- To test it, you will need to take a glass of water;
- Add two teaspoons of salt;
- Then just put the egg inside;
- If it floats, it’s perfect for consumption.
3. Remove dirt from the egg that has fallen on the floor
Have you ever had an egg break on the ground? There’s no worse dirt to clean! However, just cover the whole egg with salt and it will absorb, making cleaning much easier!
4. Improve food smell
Did the oven smell strange after roasting meat?
- You must make a mixture of salt, cinnamon and water;
- Then spray inside the oven with it on;
- Wait a few minutes;
- Ready: oven with a pleasant smell!
5. Sanitize sponges
Kitchen sponges can have a real colony of bacteria, being a danger to the health of the family! For you to be able to recover it, leaving it free of these germs, do the following:
- Remove all water and other substances from the sponge;
- Dip it in a glass of ice water;
- Add a tablespoon of salt;
- Wait one to two hours;
- Ready: sanitized sponge!
6. Unclog sinks
Is your sink clogged? Don’t worry, we have a very easy solution! Follow the steps below:
- Add a good amount of salt to the sink drain;
- Then pour boiling water on top;
- As soon as the water runs out, close the pipe to apply pressure;
- In the meantime, you will hear the noise of the pipe being unblocked;
- Ready: free sink!
Attention : be careful when handling boiling water.
7. Remove grease from pans
Are your pans disgustingly greasy? To resolve this:
- First, add some salt to a piece of paper towel to clean it up;
- Once you’re done, just wash your pan normally with water and detergent.
8. Clean burnt pan
You were cooking and without realizing it, the food ended up burning. If you think your pan will go to waste, we have the solution to leave it like new, just follow the step by step below!
- First, line the pan with salt;
- Add a little water;
- Then take the pan under running water and use a sponge to remove the burn;
- Done: you will notice that the pan will be recovered!
9. Sanding metal parts
Did you know that you can shine metal parts using salt? See how to proceed below!
- In a small pot, mix equal parts of salt, wheat flour and alcohol vinegar;
- Take the part you want to sand;
- Apply over that metal and rub;
- Once you’re done, you’ll see the power of this mixture!
10. Sanitize iron pans
If there’s one thing that everyone agrees with, it’s that cleaning an iron pan is extremely boring! But with salt, that will change. See how below!
- First, mix cooking oil with salt (equal amounts);
- Apply to the iron pan to remove dirt, they will come out easily;
- If you prefer, you can add oil to the bottom of the pan and add coarse salt;
- Ready: now just remove the dirt with the paste formed with this mixture;
- Finally, rinse with hot water!
11. Remove stains from cups
Unfortunately, some liquids, such as coffee, tea, juices, can stain white or clear cups. But there is a way to remove these stains! Just rub salt with a little mild liquid detergent. After that, you may find that they will no longer exist!
12. Say goodbye to the burnt candle mess
To prevent that when the candles burn out they make that mess full of runny wax, just do this: soak the new candles in a solution with a lot of salt for two or three hours before lighting them!
13. Clean up liquids that fall on the carpet
You know when kids spill juice on the Persian rug in the living room? There’s a magical way to clean this stain:
- First, sprinkle some salt over the still wet stain;
- Wait for it to dry;
- Once it’s dry, just vacuum it up and the rug will be clean again.
14. Remove old liquid stains from carpet
Do you think that only new stains can come out of the carpet? Of course! If it’s been in the fabric for a while, you can remove it too! For that:
- First, rub the water and salt mixture well on the stain;
- Wait for it to dry completely;
- Finally, remove the salt with a vacuum cleaner;
- That’s it: old stain-free rug!
15. Eliminate mold stains
If you suffer from mold in your home, especially on bedding, towels, you can rest assured that salt also solves this problem! For this you must:
- First, make a paste by mixing equal parts of water, salt and lemon juice;
- Apply on the mildew stain;
- Let it dry in the sun;
- Finally, just wash normally.
16. Remove yellowing from sheets
Sometimes, due to sweat and time of existence, some sheets turn yellow. Let’s face it, there’s nothing worse than trying to lighten fabric. But we have a solution:
- Add five tablespoons of salt, water and one tablespoon of baking soda to a pan;
- Let the solution boil for 30 minutes;
- Turn off the fire;
- Play under the yellow spots;
- Put the sheets to dry in a sunny place;
- Once they dry, the stains will be gone!
17. Extend the life of a broom
Want to make your natural fiber brooms last longer? Use the following trick: Simply soak your brooms in hot, salty water before your first use.
Did you like this amazing tip? If yes, share it with your friends and on your social networks. Leave your comment below and your suggestions.