In the old days, the white shirt was an exclusively social garment and a symbol of seriousness.
However, fashion has evolved and today it is quite democratic, appearing in different looks.
Style consultant Sophia Marins shares tips for incorporating the model into your everyday life. Follow the article!
How to dress well in a white shirt?
According to Marins, “the white shirt is very democratic, because it goes with everything.
In addition to being timeless, the piece can be used at any time of the year and does not depend on trends”. Check out the expert’s tips for wearing the piece without fear:
Evaluate the dress code of your work environment
“If it’s more formal, it’s recommended to wear it with tailored pants and a blazer. On the foot, you can wear nude or black pumps, with a larger bag.
As for more casual work, a white shirt goes very well with straight-cut, dark-wash jeans, preferably,” said the consultant.
Bet on a minimalist style
According to Marins, “on a day-to-day basis, wearing the shirt with straight, light-wash jeans is a minimalist option.
There are several ways to compose the look: leaving the shirt closed and inside the pants or open with a third piece under that shirt. In summer, you can even wear it with a knot, turning it into a cropped model”.
Wear the piece as a dress
“If your white shirt is oversized, it is feasible to wear it as a dress, just put some comfortable jean shorts underneath and your dress is ready. It is also possible to combine with a belt.
This type of look is more casual, so ask for accessories from this niche, such as an eco bag, crossbody bag, flats or sneakers, ”she commented.
Turn the shirt into a crop top
For cropped lovers, just “tie the ends of the shirt at the waist. That way, you can wear the piece with jeans, tailored pants, linen shorts or a satin skirt, ”she says. The cropped option is more democratic, as it opens up an even wider range of possibilities.
Wear an open shirt with shorts
If you prefer different and current proposals, “the open white shirt with cycling shorts and a crop top is a bet. In this look, you can wear sneakers with a more streetwear feel, like Nike’s Dunk. However, it is possible to use even with boots”, he concluded.
Despite the more formal touch, the white shirt transitions easily into other environments, because “depending on how you wear it, with other pieces and accessories, the look will be more informal”, he concludes.
30 white shirt photos to fit the piece into your style
You already know that the white shirt can run away from social and exclusive looks for work.
So how about checking it out in practice? Below, see some inspirations and appreciate the versatility of the piece:
1. The white shirt with midi skirt takes on a social look
2. Still, the vibe is the same with dark wash denim shorts
Maria Turiel Soler
3. Get ready for work in tights and flats
4. The look with an open shirt is also worth mentioning
5. And what do you think about wearing a white shirt under overalls?
6. This total white is full of charm.
7. And the white shirt accompanied by leather pieces too
Ana Cristina Ribeiro
8. Throw a button-up coat over your white shirt
9. Add a romantic touch to the look with puffy sleeves
10. And don’t forget high-waisted pants for a classic look
11. The oversized white shirt looks great as a dress
12. And you can wear a vest over it
13. Don’t forget the short shorts underneath
14. Include the birken to complete the look
15. The white shirt also goes well with long skirts
16. And it looks amazing with a more social-sports touch
17. Would you risk wearing a white shirt over a dress?
18. When in doubt, she looks beautiful with leggings
19. The printed models also deserve your attention
20. Tie a knot in the longest white shirt and make it tighter
21. Throw a light coat over it
22. Or a white one accompanied by high boots
23. The combination with jeans makes the look more casual
24. Just like throwing a white shirt over a crop top
25. This look here is very sporty
26. This one is the face of that pool party
27. Because the white shirt is great for being a beach cover-up
28. Be it long-sleeved and oversized
29. Or with the sleeve slightly rolled up and the right size
30. The white shirt is a success in all its versions
Thais Dutra Sa
Do you already know which of the suggestions above match your style? Save the inspirations you liked and already select the pieces from your wardrobe that match the white shirt.
Did you like this amazing tip? If yes, share it with your friends and on your social networks. Leave your comment below and your suggestions.